Update: This blog post was updated in July 2021 to include updated information about digital fundraising using social media.
How Can Social Media Increase Donor Engagement?
When it comes to social media, there are many platforms to choose from. It is likely that your organization already has some type of social media presence, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or another popular platform. However, the question might still remain: “Is social media really that important for our organization?” Our passionate answer: “Yes!”
They say that “numbers don’t lie,” and when the numbers show how important it is for organizations to utilize social media, it’s time to believe the truth! Check out these quick statistics to see what we mean:
- 47% of Americans learn about an organization from the internet, specifically social media
- 59% of people donate after becoming a follower of an organization’s social network
- 56% of people donated to an organization because they read a story of need via social media
- 67% of people surveyed “like” an organization on Facebook because they want to show their friends that they support a cause
- 49% of supporters on social media wanted to do more after seeing a photo
- 53% of people who follow an organization on social media show their support by volunteering
- 36% of people surveyed “unliked” an organization on Facebook because it only posted about donating
Boost Engagement through Social Media
If you aren’t posting regularly, you might be missing out on a great opportunity to bring awareness and gain supporters for your organization. Maintaining a social media presence is pretty easy these days. There are programs that can help you create your content and even schedule it to post on all of your platforms at once.
The main goal is to keep people engaged with your organization. Whether it’s a success story or a funny meme, just make sure that you are providing valuable content, and not just always asking for donations.
Txt2Give Donations Through Social Media
When the time comes to make an ask, be sure to give your supporters a really easy way to make a donation. Simply provide your Txt2Give giving number and online giving link right in the post so that they can quickly and easily give however they prefer.
If you aren’t set-up with text giving or our free online giving and have questions about Txt2Give’s services, you can check out our FAQ page. Please reach out and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have and make your giving easier.